We believe that all schools can be community hubs where students graduate with the core competencies to succeed in post-secondary education, pursue meaningful careers, and contribute to a vibrant, democratic society.
Right now, we are working to answer the following questions with the goal of identifying promising practices for schools.
1. How can schools support joyful learning and academic engagement?
- How can students engage with their school communities, neighborhoods, and the larger world?
- What curricular innovations foster joyful learning?
- What partnerships will support the transition from middle to high school?
2. How can schools foster a rigorous 21st century curriculum?
- What skills and capacities are necessary for success in college and career in the 21st century?
- How can schools infuse critical thinking into all areas of instruction and culture?