Coherent P-12 Systems
- Build networks of exemplary California educators, organizations and systems that are designed for and demonstrate successful outcomes for emergent bilingual students.
- Help our partners build capacity for greater impact and continuous improvement, especially across organizational boundaries between PreK-3rdgrade.
- Support the development of clinically-oriented educator preparation programs for P-12 educators that prepare new P-12 teachers to lead quality, standards-aligned, language-rich, developmentally appropriate and equitable instruction.
- Support technical assistance to teacher education programs to enhance clinically-oriented opportunities for candidates to prepare to effectively serve emergent bilingual students.
Policy and Research
- Raise expectations for what is possible in the education field.
- Partner with leaders at all levels to design and continuously improve an education system that treats multilingualism as an asset and that welcomes and supports emergent bilingual students and their families.